Are you able to see the unique gifts in every child? Join our team to support success in an early learning environment.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
As a Resource Teacher you will form deep connections with children and their families, welcome
each child’s gifts, and nurture their potential through inclusive and engaging learning. Your gifts and abilities will help us create an early learning community where families feel connected, children and their families grow resilience, and where everyone knows they belong.
• A Lifelong Learner: You fulfil Ministry of Education requirements as a Resource teacher and continually seek to expand your personal and professional learning and growth.
• Welcoming: You recognize children and their families as competent and capable, curious, rich in experience and make everyone feel that they belong.
• A Great Communicator: You listen well, think about what you hear, and communicate with everybody in a dignifying, non-judgmental, and respectful way.
• A Collaborator: You work supportively with early learning teams, putting inclusive learning structures, values, and beliefs into practice.
• Resilient: You model resilient behavior and action while growing this in yourself; because some days are harder than others in this profession.
• Work closely with families and educators to support children’s diverse learning/behavioural needs.
• Engage with other professionals, act as an advocate, and support families to access available services.
• Assist in the transition of the child and family from Childcare to school.
• Bring professional knowledge to early learning teams to build capacity in educators.
• Assess progress and create plans to support the interests, needs, and abilities of children.
• Being a part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Generous vacation & personal leave time, employer paid benefits, and pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Annual salary range: $56,691 – $61,006.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Vacancies: We are looking to fill one Full-time position.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by October 29, 2023.
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2023-35-A1 ON YOUR APPLICATION.