Do you believe that having somewhere to go is Home? Having someone to love is family? And having both is a blessing? Join KACL’s Host Family Team to support families of the heart that encourage people to live their most meaningful lives.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
In Host Family, a life-sharing arrangement is based on a strong relationship where the host family makes an ongoing commitment to the individual, supporting their personal vision, and leading to an improved quality of life. These arrangements create the opportunity for people to contribute to the lives of one another in a way that brings greater meaning, satisfaction, and enrichment to everyone involved. A Host Family Advisor supports individuals and their life-sharing partners to live a wholistic life where an individuals’ gifts, hopes, and life aspirations are fulfilled. Host Family Advisors work collaboratively, focusing on generating creative ideas and individualized person-centered plans to support the bond between a supported person and their host family.
- Passionate about Family: You know that there are many kinds of families, but they all function under one single premise: shared love and commitment.
- Compassionate: You care about others and do your work with kindness, generosity, and concern as you learn about the goals, values and commitments people have made to each other.
- Creative problem-solver: You think outside of the box and find unique ways to conquer challenges, act proactively in planning, and shape new possibilities.
- Detail-oriented: Your style is accurate, concise, professional, and you thrive when balancing multiple demands.
- Develop, support, and strengthen relationships both with individuals living with developmental disabilities and their supports through the creation and maintenance of Host family arrangements.
- Provide person-centered support in the process of decision-making and participation, where the individual’s values, preferences and needs are optimized, and the Host Family is empowered in the commitment to the supported individual living their best life.
- Support individuals in their navigation of life’s challenges and foster and empower their ongoing growth, personal voice and opinions.
- Be accountable for the Host Family Program Agreement and Individual Support Plan, ensuring that the planning, creation, maintenance, and monitoring of these adhere to MCCSS Directives, QAM standards, and the transformational vision and values of the organization.
- Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
- A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
- Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
- Starting annual salary of $70,949.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by May 21, 2023.
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
KACL requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of same as a condition of hire, and to receive booster shots or other vaccinations as required according to recommendations from public health authorities as a condition of continuing employment. Accommodations may be made in the case of bona fide exemptions under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2023-18-A1 ON YOUR APPLICATION.