Community Support Worker
Do you have a natural ability to connect with people? If so, join us and help others to find their joy
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet. We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence. As a Community Support Worker in our Intensive Support Services program, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in someone’s quality of life by providing them with direct support in all aspects of daily living. You will advocate for dignity, learning, and growth for all, and be part of a team that strives to bring meaning, purpose, and joy into the lives of those we support.
• Passionate About People: You find creative ways for people to explore their gifts and find meaning and joy.
• Enthusiastic: You get fired up when helping people to create and achieve their goals.
• Resilient: You’re fuelled by your own impact, celebrate even the small wins, and treat every day like a new opportunity.
• Driven: You believe that difficult times are simply opportunities in disguise.
• A Change Advocate: You get excited when things are shaken up and understand that change fuels learning and growth.
• Help those you support decide what they want to do in a day – and do it with them.
• Support others in all aspects of daily living including meal prep, personal hygiene, house cleaning, laundry, and cooking.
• Provide care in a respectful manner that ensures the dignity of those supported.
• Be an advocate for those you support, ensuring their voices are always heard.
• Being a part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Great medical, dental, vision and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Annual salary range: $59,122-$63,398
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by Aug 6, 2023.
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.