Do you have the energy and determination to make a positive impact in the lives of others? Join us, and make it happen.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
As a Community Support Worker in Intensive Supported Independent Living, you will guide at-risk and vulnerable young adults in creating a safe space that they can call a home. You will build strong, resilient, unique relationships and promote a connected community where everyone belongs.
• People Focused: You build positive relationships and enhance the lives of others by helping them to explore and achieve their goals.
• Rooted: A strong sense of acceptance and belonging are in your bones. You know there is a difference between a house and a home.
• Dedicated: Your passion is helping people and you do it by meeting them where they are at, without judgment or criticism.
• Committed: You whole-heartedly believe that everyone has the right to a life filled with meaning, joy, and acceptance.
• Resilient: You are fueled by your own impact, celebrate even the smallest wins, and see every day as a new opportunity.
• Adaptable: You thrive in an ever-changing environment and flawlessly can navigate both low and high energy days.
• Be a role model and provide positive support to individuals.
• Be a constant presence for others; helping them to feel safe, at ease and free to be.
• Help others to gain skills and confidence in their lives and roles in the community.
• Utilize your gifts and help others to grow their own.
• Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Salary Range: $62,234 -$63,398
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by September 3, 2023.
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER 2023-06-L4 ON YOUR APPLICATION.