Ever wish your hopes for social justice and a better life for all could be used to make a real difference in your community? Join us, and make it happen.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
As a Community Consultant, you will be invited into the lives of the most vulnerable, at-risk young adults in our community to help them find joy and overcome the challenges of transitioning into independent adult life. Your gifts will be used to break down barriers to social justice and belonging, and to build a resilient, connected community where everyone belongs.
• Passionate: You believe working with people in the pursuit of belonging and social justice is a way to restore humanity for all.
• People Focused: You meet people where they are at, without judgement, and focus on the potential you know exists in each person.
• Compassionate: You know that kind, careful, collaborative care is the best way to ensure everyone’s right to dignity, food and shelter security, and health care.
• Enthusiastic: You get excited when you see people find purpose in their lives as they work to understand and pursue the things that matter to them.
• Resilient: You welcome trying circumstances as they help fuel your drive to work for positive outcomes.
• Be a part of a team that helps those who have fallen through the cracks to find their place.
• Plan with individuals to help them find their voice and to be heard in our community.
• Engage others to offer their unique contributions and make a real difference in the lives of those we support.
• Help people overcome challenges, learn skills, and build the confidence they need to live their dreams.
• Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Starting annual salary range of $62,105 – $66,539.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Vacancies: We are looking to fill one Full-time position.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by October 22, 2023.
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2023-29-B1 ON YOUR APPLICATION.