Do you believe in meeting people where they are at? Are you motivated to help people find their self-defined happiness? Join us.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
The Dual Diagnosis program of Community Mental Health Support Services (CMHSS) provides dual diagnosis services to adults and their families in the community of Kenora and to the Kenora/Rainy River District. A dual diagnosis refers to the co-existence of an intellectual disability and a mental illness. The Dual Diagnosis Community Consultant is a supportive role to consumers, Case Managers, and families to connect them to service providers and to assist in the delivery of recommendations provided. Person-centered planning that is the least restrictive and intrusive for an individual is a guiding principle of our work. We advocate for access to services as close to home as possible with coordinated and effective linkages to community partners.
• Empathetic: You connect emotionally and cognitively with people and can, “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” to better understand their feelings or experiences.
• A Team Player: You get that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You gel well with others and get fired up to build intricate plans alongside your co-workers.
• Committed: You whole-heartedly believe that everyone has the right to a life filled with meaning, joy, and acceptance.
• Energetic and Efficient: You manage your time so that you are very organized, you nail the details, and have the stamina to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
• Resilient: You know how to take care of you. You prioritize your own needs so that when the going gets tough, you have the tools to bounce back.
• Help others to uncover their gifts, to feel valued, and supported by encouraging day to day structure and goal setting.
• Consult with specialized service providers via videoconferencing and in-person consultation including but not limited to psychiatry, behavioural therapy, occupational therapy, and cultural services.
• Support individuals and their families to receive needed services to effectively support individuals in the community and to improve quality of life.
• Be a part of a high-performance team that thinks outside the box.
• Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Salary range of $62,105 – $66,539
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Vacancies: We are looking to fill one Full-time position.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by October 22, 2023.
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2023-33-A1 ON YOUR APPLICATION.