Ever wish you could make a career out of your love of children? Join us and make it happen.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for- profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the third largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to be the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
The work of our Child Care Educators is to form deep connections with children and their families, welcome each child’s gifts and nurture their potential through inclusive and engaging learning experiences. Your gifts and abilities will help us provide an early learning community where families feel connected, children and their families grow resilience, and where everyone knows they belong.
• Great with Children: You enjoy spending time with kids and get excited when you see them learning new skills.
• A Team Player: You work well with others because you say what you mean, mean what you say and do what you said you were going to do.
• A Good Communicator: You listen well, think about what you hear and communicate with everybody in a dignifying, non-judgmental and respectful way.
• Work collaboratively with the RECEs, Resource teachers and other staff to ensure that each child’s gifts and interests are reflected in their plans and respected in the planning and support of early learning experiences.
• Interact effectively with all children by respecting they are competent, capable of complex thinking, curious, and rich in potential.
• Help maintain care and learning environments that are ready for use by children, clean safe and healthy.
• Being part of a caring organization that provides an essential service to families and our community.
• Opportunities for professional development.
• Working with like-minded people who share your love of children.
• Working a minimum of 24 hours per week, averaged biweekly
• Generous vacation & personal leave time, employer paid benefits, optional pension plan
• Wage range: $19.84 – $22.76
• An additional hourly wage enhancement is available.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Vacancies: We are looking to 1 Regular Part-time 1 position.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by November 12, 2023
KACL is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes qualified applicants from the full range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
PLEASE QUOTE POSIITON NUMBER 2023-37-A1 ON YOUR APPLICATION.